News

The collector

The dangers of hoarding were highlighted at Bradford Coroners Court recently, which heard evidence concerning the death of Michael Berry, aged 57, from smoke inhalation on 4 January this year.

Berry liked to hoard stuff such as books, fabrics, ornaments, and scatter them around his farmhouse home at Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire. There was so much stuff, he had formed pathways in his house among the junk. When a fire broke out it was too cluttered for the fire service to get through.