News

Take out the trash

Andrew McInnes, 60, and William Cooper, 62, died of smoke inhalation when their house in Lowestoft, Suffolk, caught fire in June 2017.

The assistant coroner described the house as a “health hazard” because it was jammed with junk. He said: “My conclusion is that they died as a consequence of smoke inhalation with a background of severe self-neglect and hoarding.”

McInnes grew up in the house but went to pieces when his parents died about 25 years ago.

Picture source: Kevin Utting