News

Premature maggots

The maggots got in a little early among the corpses being stored at the Swanson Funeral Homes in Flint, Michigan, in the US.

The funeral parlour has been shut down after a visit from the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs discovered – among other offences – maggots on the floor of its garage, and blood-and-fluid stained coffin pillows lying around.

There were also 15 unrefrigerated bodies, causing a bit of a stink.

Picture source: National Institutes of Health